Thursday, October 8, 2009

There is Strength in the Word!

This was posted recently by my daughter. I was so moved by it and the power that is behind it I felt everyone I know should read it. Please take a moment to do so, then read it again and let it sink in. We underestimate the POWER of the Word of God!
God Bless...

There is Strength In His Word
By Abby Doran Harrell

I am crushedI look around and see the pieces of my lifeLaying shattered on the groundPushed down to the ground by the weight of this battleI lay on my back with my shield in my handCrying out to God, I can’t go on, I am so brokenI am so wounded my the darts the enemy keeps throwing at meHelp me Lord, to rise above this trial I am in
He reminds meThere is strength in my wordThe is power in my wordJust speak the word And you will rise above the enemy
So from my back with my shield in my hand I cry outO sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.-Ps 98:1Strength starts to return so once again I cry outO come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.-Ps 95:6-9I am able to rise to my knees and strength returnsOnce again I cry out But thou, O LORD, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations. Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. Ps 102:12-13Strength returns and I am able to rise to my feetAnd once again I cry out Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Ps 103:1-4
I am made whole, I am made newI can fight this that is troubling meOnce again I am able to fight off the enemyFor there is Power is His word
I look around meI am strong from my battle, I have fought a good fightI have kept my faithBut all around me, I see saints who are crushed From the fiery darts from their battleSo I go and remind them
There is strength in His wordThere is power in His wordJust speak the wordAnd once again you will rise above the enemy

No comments: