Friday, September 18, 2009

Prayer Needed for Little Jared

Last fall I was a member of a online social group and came across a post by a mother asking people to pray for her little boy Jared. The name caught my attention because I have a son also named Jared and have a huge soft spot in my heart for kids.She shared that Jared, at age 9, had been found to have a brain tumor. I won't go into all of the details, but this fella was just the bravest little guy. I wrote Lora and got permission to contact Jared and for the next several months, as long as I was able to remain active on that site, I contacted him almost everyday. He couldn't hear to well but loved pictures so I and many others began sending him pictures of animals and all other types of things that would interest him. Many members of the site were good to visit him on a regular basis, trying to encourage him.Since leaving that site I have remained in contact with Ed and Lora by email. We have started a group on FB that just prays for Jared and his family. Today I received a email from Ed, which I will share. I cannot even begin to imagine what Ed and Lora are dealing with and feeling right now. The Drs have said there is nothing more than can do for Jared, it is in God''s hands. My heart breaks for them, but at the same time I know we serve a God who is just and caring and will do what is best for Jared and his family. I know God can heal him completely and I also know there are times when God says that isn't my plan. Please join me in praying for them. Ed, Jared's father, wrote:"donald we went to Cincinnati.childrens today and they found the tumor growing its in last stages we so need prayer for jared please pray they said hes in gods hands which we knew but ask god for jareds life with us,its so so hard please pray"God Bless

No comments: